Warner Bros. is reteaming with NFT platform Nifty to launch an NFT program exploiting the Looney Tunes universe.
Here are the details of the announcement:
- Warner Bros. Consumer Products is teaming with NFT platform Nifty on Looney Tunes: What’s Up Block?, a story-driven blockchain program that will, according to a release, “use digital art as a new medium for storytelling, creating a fresh narrative for the Looney Tunes franchise that will be revealed through NFTs.”
- This year marks the 80th anniversary of the Tweety character, so Warner has enlisted the canary as the first classic Warner Bros. animation character to get the NFT treatment. Interested customers can add Tweety avatars to their NFT collection with a range of new expressions, clothing, and accessories. Collectors will additionally earn “rewards and benefits” including virtual meet-and-greets, special access and discounts to Looney Tunes merchandise, and never-before-been-seen content.
- The avatars will be minted on the Palm Network. A public sale along with early access sale for Nifty’s community members who already hold specific NFTs will kick off later this summer.
- This is the third time Warner and Nifty have teamed together on an NFT project. In July of last year, the companies released a collection of NFTs from Space Jam: A New Legacy before later launching a Matrix avatar program for that film’s December release.
- “Today, as digital engagement and technology evolves, the Looney Tunes collection will further expand the reach of the franchise, bringing fans together from around the world, offering unique experiences, community building, storytelling and a whole new way for them to engage,” said Josh Hackbarth, head of NFT commercial development for Warner Bros. “And what better way to kick things off [than] with Tweety as his 80th birthday celebrations continue.”
- Jeff Marsilio, CEO and co-founder of Nifty’s added, “NFTs have limitless potential, and we are just scratching the surface of what is possible. We’re thrilled to be expanding our partnership with Warner Bros., visionaries in storytelling and creative entertainment, to use NFTs in this innovative way, that also engages users and connects them to a community of other Looney Tunes fans.”