Get your daily, bite-sized digest of cryptoasset and blockchain-related news – investigating the stories flying under the radar of today’s crypto news.
- Open-source technology provider Komodo has launched AtomicDEX Web, a wallet, cross-chain bridge, and decentralized exchange (DEX) which can be accessed through any web browser, connecting over 60 blockchains including Ethereum, Harmony, Polygon, Avalanche, BNB Chain, Cosmos, and more, said a press release. It also introduced a Trezor hardware wallet integration for UTXO-based assets, it added.
- California-based start-up Ripple announced that the AMM Devnet is now live and ready to use, inviting developers to test the AMM, build applications, and provide feedback. The RippleX team proposed the XLS-30d technical specification to build a protocol-native automated market maker (AMM) integrated with the orderbook-based decentralized exchange (DEX) on the XRP Ledger earlier this year. The expansion is meant to bring additional exchange functionality and utility to XRPL holders, and enable enterprise developers to build applications for their users, it said.
- Blockchain gaming firm Animoca Brands is planning a fund of up to $2 billion to invest in metaverse companies, co-founder and executive chairman Yat Siu said in an interview with Nikkei. The fund, Animoca Capital, is expected to make its first investment next year.
- Market infrastructure provider Cboe Global Markets announced it completed the syndication of minority equity interests with a group of thirteen firms becoming investor partners in the Cboe Digital business. The investors include B2C2, DRW, Galaxy Digital, GSR, Hidden Road, IMC, Interactive Brokers, Jane Street, Jump Crypto, Robinhood, Susquehanna International Group, tastyworks, and Virtu Financial.
- Digital asset market maker Keyrock raised $72 million in its Series B funding round from investors including Ripple, SIX Fintech Ventures, and Middlegame Ventures. Keyrock plans to use the funding to invest further into infrastructure development, scalability tools, and regulatory licensing across Europe, the US, and Singapore, said the press release.
- Swiss SEBA Bank AG officially opened its Hong Kong office for its subsidiary SEBA Hong Kong. “SEBA Bank has a strong conviction for Hong Kong to become its first strategic location in APAC through its subsidiary,” said the press release. Its initial activities will focus on consultancy services, market research, and engaging strategic partners for its head office in Switzerland.
- Gemini has registered as a Virtual Currency Operator with Italy’s payments services regulator, the Organismo Agenti E Mediatori (OAM), and as a custodial wallet provider and provider of exchange services between virtual and fiat currencies with Greece’s Hellenic Capital Markets Commission (HCMC). These registrations, combined with its electronic money institution authorisation from the Central Bank of Ireland, allow Gemini to offer crypto services to customers in Italy and Greece, said the announcement.
- BNB Chain non-fungibles (NFTs) will now be available for listing and sale on the OpenSea marketplace, said an announcement. It added that BNB Chain would be launched on OpenSea’s Seaport Protocol in Q4 2022, allowing multiple creator payouts, real-time payouts, collection management, and other benefits for BNB Chain creators.
- Kia America said it’s continuing its foray into Web3, with its ‘Legends of the Driveway’ NFT collection, designed to help drive fundraising for MobilizeGreen, a national nonprofit that has engaged more than 2,500 young people of color in paid “green” and STEM-focused career-pathway internships in collaboration with government agency partners since 2014. Powered by the Sweet platform, collectors can begin minting ‘Legends of the Driveway’ starting November 29, for $49.99 per collectible.
- Blockchain infrastructure provider for Web3 media and entertainment Theta partnered with World of Women NTF to stream WoW Miami Gala through the ThetaDrop Video Portal for all WoW NFT holders, said an announcement. The WoW Gala will take place on December 1 at Art Basel Miami, USA, “bringing the WoW community and diverse collectors, creators and partners to celebrate art, representation and equal opportunities for all,” it added.
- Blockchain-based decentralized wireless broadband platform Airwaive announced a partnership with the Web3 network peaq, which begins with joint research, tests, and a cross-chain bridge that will link Airwaive’s testnet with peaq’s testnet, said the press release. It will “grow to enable the Machine Pools and other Machine DeFi services running on peaq to support initiatives working to connect the unconnected via Airwaive’s decentralized broadband platform,” it said.
- The NEAR Foundation and Afropolitan partnered to “enable citizens to control their assets, data, and the power of governance,” said an announcement. Through this partnership, the NEAR community and Afropolitans will collaborate on several fronts and will work to deploy the decentralized governance infrastructure for Afropolitan’s digital nation, enabling the network to grow through the onboarding of users and developers, service design, and service delivery.